Something a little bit different today.
At the beginning of every year, I sit down and reflect upon my favourite things of the past year.
Of all the forms of media out there I still find that music resonates the strongest with me. As a result I take this list fairly serious (that doesn’t stop me from doodling on it). While I loved many songs last year, I finally managed to whittle them down to 20. Any one of these songs have the ability to amplify any emotion I’m feeling when they play. They take me back to a feeling and a place and help me to remember the moments that defined my 2014.
Have a listen to a few of them, maybe you’ll find something you like.
1. Elliott Brood – Taken
2. Jordan Klassen – Firing Squad
3. The Strumbellas – In This Life
4. The Wooden Sky – Kansas City
5. Hey Rosetta! – Harriet
6. Tokyo Police Club – Hot Tonight
7. The New Basement Tapes – Kansas City
8. The Gaslight Anthem – Red Violins
9. Weezer – Da Vinci
10. Morning Parade – Alienation
11. Wildlife – Lightning Tent
12. Sir Sly – You Haunt Me
13. Vance Joy – Riptide
14. Bleachers – Shadow
15. Magic Man – Honey
16. Waters – Got To My Head
17. Copeland – Ordinary
18. Passenger – 27
19. Linus Of Hollywood – Don’t F**K It Up
20. Death From Above 1979 – Trainwreck 1979
What’d you think? What were your some of your favourite songs of 2014? Let me know in the comments below.